We always recognize the patient rights and we exactly know that every patient has the right to receive care and treatment regardless of race, culture, religion and sex. We exercise your rights while receiving treatment without making any discrimination. Patients have the right to :
- Have family/ representative and physician notified promptly of your admission, plan of care and expected outcomes.
- Respectful and considerate care
- Treatment care and services consistent with the hospital’s mission and capacity.
- Information in your clinical record has a complete explanation in understandable terms. You have also the right to : 1- privacy restrictions on medical report. 2-accounting of PHI ( protected health information) 3- request an amendment to your health record.
- Receive from your physician the information needed for you for any procedure or treatment
- Refuse or withdraw tratment as permitted by law and to be told what might happen because of your decision.
- Personal dignity and privacy
As a patient, you have the responsibility to:
· It is your responsibility to supply those caring for you with complete and exact information concerning your health, and to provide, in so far as possible, relevant documents.
· It is your responsibility to be considerate of other patients, their condition and dignity and treat them as you would expact them to treat you.
· It is your responsibility to comply with the rules of the hospital with regard to visiting hours, maintaining cleanliness, smoking regulations, safety regulations and the use of cellular phones.